Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Second day of Travel

I will probably close the laptop now to conserve my battery so I can play some games on the airplane. I can't believe I'll finally see my family after 8 months! I shall also look for a bathroom and a money exchange thingy! I am determined to seek my ramen to the end! if not, then sushi shall suffice! or just save my money and wait until I get more yummy airplane food. I hope I get something as yummy as the salmon. I never thought fish would look more appetizing than chicken! I don't even eat salmon xD but it tasted kick ass. It was sample size smoked salmon with maccaroni and some pink orange sauce that had this light taste to it. it was refreshing, but not filling. -_- and this is coming from an 18 year old (average sized)girl after she ate the bread and cheese, the spicy potatoe salad (not  too great) and the little pretend chocolate cake.
The good news is, I had window seats, but that makes it hard to go to the bathroom and pray and walk and such, so....to the bathroom!

----cut off because internet died----

I walked out of the bathroom stall and thank God I hadnt fixed my hijab yet because before I know it A man walks out of the neighboring stall. We stare at eachother for a moment before I ask him if I was in the wrong bathroom. He looks at me, without any shame and informs me in Dutch that no, I'm correct. (now i dont know Dutch, but facial expressions and gestures go a long way). He leaves the bathroom, and I wait for a bit before checking for myself. Ir turns out he was still outside, and as I look at the signs, he talks to me again in dutch. And I understood him perfectly, I believe he was saying, "don't worry, you're in the right bathroom" I then laugh and answer him that i was just checking and I walked back in. I can't blame him for that mistake, considering that both bathrooms are litterly right next to eachother with the men's sign between the two doors. I blame the person who hanged those signs. PUT THEM ON THE DOOR! geesh!

I did get to eat my ramen afterall, the noodles itself tasted great, nice and slippery just like naruto eats them! The seaweed in my bowl was absolutly disgusting. I suppose my mom is right about saying "food is a habit". The meso sauce tasted like salty broth, but thicker.To be honest, the best part about my meal was the half boiled egg in it. It didn't look too fancy either, because I ordered the veggie kind. It was the cheapest. I payed in canadian dollars, but my change was in euro. My dad will not be happy, but I am! :D

Boarding was in another three hours and so to pass time by; I decided to rest on one of the reclined seats. I curled on my side for warmth and comfort and after some time I drifted off.  I was startled awake by an unfamiliar weight resting on my side and from a voice calling out repeatedly from behind me “"لو سمحتي... (excuse me…) was all I was able to comprehend. My hand quickly rose up to wipe the small trail of drool beginning to form at the left corner of my mouth. I then turned to face the source of the voice and in my deliria I retorted to his calls with an apology followed by a “thank you, it’s ok” once I realized there was a folded airplane blanket on me. I looked up at him. Who was this guy? Is he talking to me? Do I know him? All these questioned rushed through my half-awakened mind as I tried to focus my eyes on his features. I wasn't wearing my glasses, but he was close enough for me to notice that he was a young man with wavy brown hair that reached just below his ears. “ "تفضلي was another word I was able to make out from him. So polite. He left me no time to protest as he walked behind the resting chair I was on and walked away. I hastily turned again in my seat to face him, but he was already a few feet away. He did not turn once to look back at me. I sat there dumbfounded beneath the folded blanket, just staring at his back become fussier and fussier. Snickers and giggles intruded on my thoughts. I turned my head to the suppressed laughter of two Dutch couples who seemed to have witnessed it all. I started laughing as well from embarrassment and from the surreal situation I just experienced.

----Plane from Amsterdam to Kuwait----

I am very glad that my sister sent me a last minute message informing me that the reason why my flight will take ten hours instead of your typical 6 or 7 is because it will stop at a country before Kuwait. 
Indeed she was right, I am typing from Dammam, KSA. My intestines have been making a lot of noises during the flights. I think my intestines are not absorbing the water properly. oh, and I had another window seat. Take J guys =D J is a window seat, I suppose A is too. I think people already know this information. I can't say I'm happy going to Kuwait. I have to deal with all these people that I don't specifically like. It will be difficult as it is always, to be surrounded by arrogance and ignorance. A beautiful combination, unfortunatly, home wont be an escape either because my family has arrogant ignorant buttheads too.
Now I shall stretch my legs for a little bit, before the plane is full.
Don't be afraid to comment <3

M.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment