Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Psychos in KLM airline

In Amsterdam! Land of the tall, the blonde, and the racist! I can't believe that my second experience of discrimination against muslims is from the dutch....AGAIN!

It isn't anything direct, but AGAIN it's a flight attendant.

Lemme elaborate:

We boarded the plane in Kuwait. the KLM flight was supposed to go from Kuwait, to Damman, KSA then to Amsterdam, Holland. Now, yes we do have some muslims who do not wish to sit next to the other sex. That, I find is fine, and I understand that the flight attendant would be bothered. The normal situation would be to talk to the woman, and see if he can find her another seat, or someone who can switch with her. 
What he did was raise his voice, repeat the same sentence of "This is his seat!" The man who did pay for the seat was also an arab and one can tell from his facial experession that he did NOT care half as much as the attendant did. Another muslim lady tried to talk some peace to the attendant and tell him that in her religion and culture she would rather not sit there ( or so I assumed that's what she said, because I couldn't hear her; however, I did hear HIS aggressive reply!) It went something like this: " I don't care about your culture or religion, she should respect the culture of the plane she's in." I don't know about you guys, but even if the muslim lady was in wrong, it's his job to force that plastic smile on his face and talk calmly and politely and handle it. Not disturb the whole plane and ridicule and humiliate a lady who probably still doesn't understand what's going on.

Later on, when we reached Dammam, the same flight attendant was talking to a dutch passenger and he told him "yeah it happens more often thank you think." and the man at first argued that that's how we think, but then later on started agreeing and laughing then they continued their conversation in dutch.

and when people boarded from the KSA, i heard him screaming ONCE AGAIN that "what you're doing is dangerous, and I will stop this plane from flying!"

Of course Dana heard that sentence, and she FREAKED OUT! " what does he mean he'll stop the plane? We're not going to Canada anymore?!" I told her the idiot was bluffing and he has absolutely no power to do such a stupid thing.

As for the first experience of discrimination was about four years ago, when the KLM flight attendant skipped giving us snacks. How common was it for a flight attendant to forget giving an eight year old (Dana) ice-cream? I wasn't sitting in the same row as my parents, but according to them, they were skipped as well.

And another thing!

Why in God's name in those ten minutes in the airport I've seen a grown man scratch the inside of his ass through his pants? then two minutes later, I see a young man cupping and fondling his genitals through his pants while talking to his friends?!

WHAT. THE. FUCK?!

I swear some people have no manners at all!

However, I still find Amsterdam's airport the best I've been to so far. You can tell they worked hard on it and it's easy to find the directions. too bad the free Wifi is only 30 mins though. That's damn cheap!

Peace,
M.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment