Search This Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

first week of university

My parents are leaving tomorrow. I'm really upset about this, and I'm a little afraid of living alone with my sister again. My dad booked my ticket for next year at the end of June. That means I wont see my family for about ten months. That's practically a year, and it sucks! I'm going to miss them so much.

I also have a discussion in psych due on the 8th. I will try my best to sound professional, I hope I get an A+ on all my subjects this semester. If I don't it will be entirely my fault because I have neither chemistry nor math this semester. I've decided to take organic chemistry in Dalhousie in the summer. This way I will be free for it. I'd rather pile it up in three weeks than live three months with it and four other subjects.

Courses this semester:
1) Death ( a religion humanitarian course)
2) Ecology (bio) + lab
3) Evolution (bio) + lab
4) Personality (online psych course)
5) Child development (online psych course)

I personally prefer lectures than online courses. that way I will self study AND listen/ receive an explanation from the professor. I can also tell what the professor will be focusing on from the lectures as well, but with the book it's quiet a hassle.

To save a couple of hundred dollars on books. I didn't buy any bio books nor the death one. The teachers didn't emphasize it, and the bio one told us to buy the e-book of the old edition because its cheaper. She also said that she brings the questions of the test from the lectures so, I decided if I needed it I will simply borrow it from the library. As for psych, I certainly need them, but I rented the e-books online. They were both about a 150 $ so, if 4 books were 150 each as hard copies, I would have saved 450 $ + tax+ 20 $ death book.

Inshallah I will get As to raise my GPA!

Pray for me,
M.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment