Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Joggin's Fossil Cliffs

Yesterday was a really long day so, here's what happened:

I woke up at 6:00 am and called Kira to wake up too. I got dressed, and grabbed my bag that I prepared yesterday (had leftover pasta, two energy bars, a book, band-aids, phone, wallet, and shades). The Bio society has prepared a trip to go to Joggin's Fossil Cliffs. Too bad the bus drive is two and a half hours to get there, and then two and a half to get back!

Joggins Fossil Center
(this pic was taken by the co-president of the bio society)
I was running a little late because most buses come once every hour in the weekends, and some don't even work. I ended up arriving at school at 7:20 am instead of 7:00 (what we agreed on). however, we didn't leave until 7:30 am. The bus that took us to Joggin's sucked. It was small, uncomfortable, and for 1300$ it didn't have a bathroom or t.v. was not what I call worth it. The bus driver played the radio on the country songs, and it was so loud that I couldn't hear my head phones!

For the ride there Kira took the window seat and slept. I played solitaire on my iPod and listened to music. We arrived at 10:00 am and the guide wasn't happy about it, because we were about an hour late and the tide of the water was coming in with every minute we wasted. He rushed us to go to the beach where we saw some fossils of old trees, and some old forms of millipedes. He explained how the fossils get older the more you walk to the right. Unless you're a geology student, you are not very likely to enjoy this.



Fossils of the trees's bark formed by mold I think



Sand stone! (30% quartz!)
This is the centipedes' ancestor, you can see the legs on each side. It was a foot wide!
 (the one on top is a little toy to show you guys!)
Ripples of waves

a cool stream that led to the sea, I found this more interesting
 Anyways, after we were done, we had another guide to the inside of Joggins and then we crawled inside a little hole in the wall to watch a little clip from a down p.o.v. We were looking up and then suddenly a lizard shows up in the screen. So, to make it amusing I said "Oooh, Godzilla!" at which the guy on my right burst in laughter! Well, this trip was supposed to be fun!

Then we crawled out and watched yet another movie, this one was a documentary of Joggins. We clapped once it was over, and I bought something awesome from the gift shop!

On the way back, Kira gave me the window seat, and I leaned on it all the way back. I almost slept but couldn't. I can sleep anywhere, but if I'm beyond exhausted. We ate our lunches on the bus, because we didn't have time to make a stop to eat outside as was planned. we did, however, stop at a subways for the people in the bus. It was a 5 minute break really.

Once we were back to the university, my sisters and I have already made plans to go to the mall then to the BBQ held in the backyard of the masjid. It was a fundraiser for Syrian Refugee camps.

I prayed in the university, fixed myself up, and went to the mall where I met up with my sister there. We went shopping thinking she wanted to go shopping, but she thought i wanted to. She came because there was a sale in Dynamite. I hate shopping, she loves it. Need i say more?
We did, however, buy this awesome blazer from Dynamite. It was black and covered the butt! This is awesome news since I wear the hijab, and that area is something I look forward to covering! It was 34 $, but was 40% off! We just had to buy it! I mean, come on, I'll have to buy something professional/formal for the future, so this is it!

After wards, my sister showed me some charm bracelets. She really liked them, but it was just not my thing so I think I bummed her out. to be honest, I was scared of showing any enthusiasm in case she was planning to buy it for  me on my birthday (b-day is in Oct 30)!

WE THEN ATE ICE-CREAM! Yey! After we were done, we took the bus to the masjid. Even though the BBQ was supposed to be from 3-8 pm. The woman there was like, "oh no, you're so late, we actually gave away food because we had so much!" By the way, it was only 7 pm! I don't understand why she did that. She could've just said not a lot came so we packed up because we got bored! hmph!
I was disappointed, because I like food and was planning this for quiet some time. My sister and I decided to at least pray in the masjid while we're here. We prayed the magrib prayer. My sister talked to some of the people she knew there, and we were going to get henna from one of her friends, but she took so long on her friend that there wasn't any time for us, so we left. We left without food, and without henna!
 Don't judge me! >o<

We walked back home, and ate all the left over pasta and we both fill asleep on the couch. I woke up at 10:30 pm and woke my sister up so we can pray and go to our beds.
What a long day! It was fun, but I didn't study at all!

M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment