Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What am I throwing myself into?

This year:
Out of 897 applicants to the medical school, only 112 were accepted.
Out of 397 maritime applicants, only 64 were accepted.
I have a 15% chance of getting into that school, if I meet the minimum requirements.
minimum GPA is 3.3 our of 4, but the average gpa of those accepted was 3.8
That's an A+ average. I never ever got an A + average, in anything in my life.
for MCAT scores the minimum is 24 points, and the average is 8 this year.
Never mind the volunteering, working, and membership leading. Never mind the essay and the interview. I really don't know if I have it in me, to compete with these people.
I don't know if I have it in me to even ...15% chance... if I applied for three years, that still won't be 50/50.
This is mission impossible isn't it. I don't even know why i'm doing this anymore. I just feel like I have to. I don't know why, but I just don't see myself as anything other than a doctor.

What do you see me as?
M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment