Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hal-Con Fail

today was the big day! The day I have been waiting a year for. Actually I've been day dreaming about cosplaying and taking pictures with other anime characters ever since I can remember.
I really love anime and at this convention, I thought I THOUGHT we will be let in!

Let me tell you what happened:

I dressed up as Lan Fan from FMA brotherhood to the convention, and took the bus with J, my karate classmate to reach the convention.

I sacrificed this day, and said I'll study in the others all for loss.

Revi and her guy friend were already waiting there for an hour, and even then we waited for three or four HOURS! Just standing in a line like little retards. When we reached the door, the man upfront said we have reached the limited capacity, sorry folks you won't go in today!

I'm like FUCK YOU! (in my head)

Then, we had to go outside in the cold to get the refunds. The 30$ we paid to get in right?!
WRONG!

They actually ran out of cash! so, they started replacing today's day passes for tomorrow's day passes. Otherwise we had to go there tomorrow to get the refunds. AUGH!
I took the pass, but it's so unfair that they wasted so much of our time. My friends have work, and I have to study. It's just aweful!

On the bright side:

I took a picture with Edward Elric! I probably look like shit with my shitty horse looking lan fan ninja mask.

I took a picture with Spike, from Buffy the Vampire Killer.

I think that was it! ( As promised, I'll show pics in exchange for a follower <^<)

We also just walked to the mall and ate together. We a group picture the four of us. I really like them. They're funny, fun, honest, straight forward. You can tell they're good people. I like those types of people.
Crappy time, but ...good company

I just saw a post on facebook that made me smile, it was the same post I posted above but through Revi's words:

"HAL-CON FAIL.

So, went to Hal-con today... first, I picked up my bracelet from my cousin and walked around a little bit (so many people and so much going on!), second, I successfully found my friends and thirdly, I decided to wait with them in line to get their prepaid bracelets so that they could go in... 

4 HOURS LATER... JUST as we get to the door to get their bracelets, Hal-con RUNS OUT of bracelets, which means no one else can get in. So, being disgusted with Hal-con, I left with my friends to get refunded (with money or a free bracelet for Sunday's events), out in the Parade Square. 

JUST as we get to the refund table, they RUN OUT of money AND bracelets. Thankfully though, some guy ran over with more bracelets. So my friends got bracelets for tomorrow. I would have too, but I work tomorrow.

So, even though I never got to attend Hal-con, I made a couple new friends, and I got to spend 4 hours with three amazing people"

That. is exactly what happened today!

(If you want pictures of the event + AWESOME cosplays, then follow me and I shall post them)

Peace,
M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment