Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Meeting Yumi

So, today I went to the writing center, but they couldn't help me. I need to figure out my report on my own! I'm also sick, boohoo!
I also saw a guy from my karate lessons, I texted him yesterday about going to a comic/anime/game con and he said he didn't receive my messages. It sucks, because I saw it, and he really didn't. we need to buy the tickets, and who knows. I might cosplay as Lan Fan from FMA brotherhood.

If I get a follower, I'll post a pic!

Anyways, I also met up with "Yumi" for the first time, and she was as sweet in person as she was via email. Her English is horrible though, she isn't very bad at it to be honest, but she has a LOT of learning to do! and she has to learn it quick too because she's going back to Japan once this semester is over!
You see, she's an exchange student! Isn't that amazing? I told her why she chose Canada, she told me her other options were England, or USA. She told me that in England, they have a difficult accent, and USA doesn't seem safe. I laughed and agreed. I did tell her that it also depends on the neighborhoods that she would be in and that she's lucky that this city in Canada is so small and friendly!
Nothing shocked me about her more than when she told me she doesn't watch western movies. In Kuwait, everyone knew about Iron man, and Rush Hour and not just those block busters, but trivial movies too! So, I found it strange.
I told her she needs to read more, and watch more English shows and movies. Simply hearing the language is helpful!
Yumi wants to be a flight attendant because it's cool! Isn't that lovely, how simple she is. She wanted to learn English for that goal, and she traveled across the globe on a whim! I think it's remarkable how she seems to simplify her life. She wants something, and she does it.
I tend to over think everything, I'm a hesitant person.
Inshallah She will be a flight attendant, and I will be a doctor ^_^

Peace,
M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment