Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)

Hello!

I finally have a name for it! For my heart palpitations that I've been getting. The ones that jump as high as 276 bpm.
The doctor finally revealed to me that they suspect it's Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT). To be honest, I already know it was tachycardia, and I had a feeling it could be that, but I was also worried it might be Atrial Flutter and that one can cause a stroke.

The PSVT is something you're born with and it can start appearing in childhood or adolescence, and I first started getting them at 12.

They are not critical, "benign" is the word the doctor used. Everyone kept repeating the same thing though, if there's no irregular heart beat, no dizziness, no fainting spells, no headache, and you're breathing fine then there is nothing to worry about. If there is, I should go to the ER! Yeah, I wish the asshole told me what it actually was. Interesting enough though, that I was practically able to diagnose myself.
I think I really wanna be a cardiologist. I really am interested in the heart as confusing as it may be, it does hold a certain fascination to it.

what's amazing is that my physiology of the cell finally came in handy, as we are currently studying about the nodes in the heart that send these signals to pump blood. These nodes are what's wrong with me.

I think I'll be fine, I'm glad I have a name for it now. I might discuss it further later on. Right now, I'm busy!

Peace,
M.D.

Oh, also blood results came out, so far only thing wrong with me is lipidemia, which means I have some fat tissues floating around in my blood, and I lack vitamin D. Other wise, everything seems okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment