Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Family I wish I wasn't related to

I suppose the title pretty much states that this will be a rant about the piece of shit excuse of a "family" I was born into.

I don't want to ever forget this for my uncle and grandma:

When I was in Canada, a huge fight broke over two months ago in kuwait. My youngest uncle from my dad's side of the family was already angry with his sister's husband but was forced to go to his place (not sure why). Anyways, he is also engaged and sat separated from the group of adults talking while having his face glued to the screen of his phone.

They told my aunt's husband that my uncle was getting married, and his reply was "Really? mabrook (congratulations)" 
After everyone left home, my uncle called his brother in law and asked him why he was so rude for not congratulating him, and he cussed him out and screamed. The reaction was for his brother in law to tell him that if he steps foot in his house he will kick his ass and he probably cussed him out right back.

Mom heard about this phone call from my aunt; as she told her to go talk to her brother to calm him down. My mom went upstairs (my grandparents/uncle live in an apartment in the same building my parents live in) to have a word with him. She told him that he was in the wrong, and that his brother in law indeed did congratulate him. My uncle got really angry and told my mom "Of course you would say something like that since you live in Ahlamek alwardeya (literally "pink world" meaning "lala land")
Mom got really angry that he would speak to her that way, she told us they he even came close to her and hovered over her saying he kept his ears close to the convo and didn't hear him say mabrook. (as if that's even important)
When mom insisted that she heard him congratulate him, my uncle then proceeded to turn to his mother (my grandmother) and exclaimed "See what happens when you bring the manayek(whores)and sharameet (bitches) to the house!!"
My mom; at that, held in all her rage and told him something (I don't remember) then told grandma that it's quite clear that their coffee is undrinkable (meaning people aren't welcomed in her house) she then left their house.

Soon after, my dad went upstairs to calm my uncle and make peace; not knowing my mom already went and got yelled at. He too, received a similar treatment and then he went downstairs to my mother. My mother waited two days before telling my dad about what his brother told him because she didn't want my already angry dad to reach a point where he'll hit his brother.

Until today, my uncle gave a half assed apology to my dad OVER THE PHONE and did not apologize or speak to my mother. He and grandma have been telling my aunt that he didn't call her a slut, but he told her to eat shit (as if that's supposed to be any better). Mom's answer was that she will not accept any apology from him (if he ever does apologize) until he swears on the Holy Quran that he didn't in fact call her a slut and a whore and to damn himself if he did. That's my mothers condition on an apology, and she says until then, he's not welcome in her house.

I can NOT believe that my uncle would tell my mom such things. She's 1) a woman 2) double his age 3) not related to him. So, by what right does he accuse her of adultery so easily as if it was common speech. She's not even his sister...She's not even his age...and he talked trash TO HER. A woman who has been feeding you every time grandma wasn't around and has been inviting you over for breaking fast in ramadan and my dad who partly paid for your rent and education in university. By WHAT RIGHT does he speak to my mother like that. So fucking rude. I hope something happens to him and my mom is there to see him lose face.

And what's worse, is that today my dad phoned my mom and she told him she wanted to invite his sister( who came yesterday from California) to lunch, and my dad had the nerve THE NERVE to ask her to invite his parents...and since we're at it, his brother. THE SAME BROTHER!
My mom got so mad at him that she told him off. She was so angry when she came home... I hate seeing mom upset. We're praying that she finds a job in Qatar so she can leave this disgusting country, and the disgusting people in it. I can't just stand seeing mom get walked over and then act as if nothing happened. But I don't know what to do other than pray.

More shit happened by the way, but... this is the only thing I know..and the only thing I remember from what my mom told me.

Talk about monsters in law,
M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment