Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2016

Open House

My day started at 10ish am. Uncharacteristically, I took my time and did not care to rush to my volunteer position at 11 am at the local Masjid (mosque). There was an open house that day and I went to arrange food on trays to place on the tables. It was rather odd and there were many flaws, but it was overall pretty well.

I would have rather that the money that went into the food go for donations or fundraising, but you know what? I believe some Syrian Refugee families dropped by and it's good to get them to be part of the community.

I really did enjoy placing food on trays, I realized how much I love working with my hands, and working solo. I mean, I do appreciate and enjoy working with others, just not a crowd. A small intimate gathering is as much as I can muster.

I then bought some halal chicken and sheep hearts for tomorrow. After I went home, we ate some steak and veggies while watching Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
It was really nice, I watched it as a kid, but I never appreciated the plot as much until now. I mean, for a 25 year old movie it was very well made. I really liked John Conners, made me really sad.

I actually managed to sleep in the last hour an hour of the movie. I just would not wake up for the next few hours. I even dreamt of not being able to move my body or speak. I tried so hard in the dream to grab my sister's attention to my problem. It was very surreal, as we were positioned on the same place I slept in.

Anyways, after I woke up from my comma, we went to a drive in the car for a bit, bought some DQ then went home and watched the Avengers 2: Days of Ultron. I guess it's sequels day?

I was also checking my burnt gum using my sister's foundation mirror and she freaked out for a little bit "Don't eat my makeup!"
So, I told her that I burnt my mouth again, I taste that metallic taste and that I feel the skin dangling in there. She got grossed out and dropped it.

Now, my sister is asleep.

Peace,
M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment