Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Holter Monitor

Hey, I know I have not updated in forever and  A LOT has happened, so I will try to go over it in other posts. This post will be just about today!

Mom woke me up this morning to go to the doctor, aren't those fun? nope, anyways, I didn't go in the morning I ended up going in the afternoon.

We ate KFC today! My God, Kuwait's KFC tastes sooo much better than the one in Canada! It's cheaper too, of course.

Anyways, I previously went to the cardiologist with dad and we asked for a blood test, an echo, a holter monitor, and she did an electric cardiograph on me (ECG) which gave normal results.

The Echo was rejected while the others were approved of, so I went to take the blood test and to strap on the holter monitor.

The holter monitor is a device that measures the heart rate for 24 hours and it's also portable. They taped three probes on my torso, one on my chest and two on my lower ribs. The nurse then rolled the wire and taped it twice, then I wore the monitor around my neck.
Holter monitor strapped on

I'm doing all of this because I have heart palpitations and I want a diagnosis, so perhaps if I get to have my palpitations while I'm wearing the monitor, the monitor will catch and record the rate and pace of my heart. Unfortunately, I can't trigger it, so it's extremely unlikely to catch anything on the monitor. I will try going to the gym tomorrow and doing sudden moves and flips in an attempt to trigger it. I usually have it when I do sudden movements. It comes twice a month for me usually, but last term it came twice in a week because twice a week I would be out of the house for about 12 hours, 2 hours of them would include karate practice. I also had many midterms, three labs a weeks, volunteering, and little sleep. That type of stress on my body, I assume, induced the palpitations.

I took a blood test then left to the fabric store to buy something for my sister's dress. She's going to be the maid of honor in her friend's wedding, and we need to design a jacket to match the dress.

Man, with the heat and sweat, the monitor got all itchy under my clothes and it was really irritable, but it's fine now that I'm at home. The tape was also a little uncomfortable and itchy. To be honest, I'm not sure how I will sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment