Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Low Blood Pressure

had my doctor appointment today. It appeared I had low blood pressure that day, I think 80/ 70 or 80/40....I don't remember! I just remember the "80"
I think normal is 120/90 or so. so either way it's pretty damn low. Was low enough for the doctor to say that she's never seen blood pressure that low and she even laughed but turned to me and said it's normal for someone my size. .__.;
I don't personally like her...
She checked my thyroid and decided I get a blood test. my appointment is next week. AUGH! Then i have to go back to her after wards, and then get an appointment with a cardiologist, and an ECG test...and I also need to beg every doctor I see for a holter monitor.

I freaked my mom and sister out though, with the blood pressure news. I got yelled at by both which made me regret ever telling them. I really don't want my family to freak out, but I want the doctors to freak out. so long as I don't feel pain, irrigular heart rythem, dizziness or shortness of breath, then I won't be getting any special attention.

I tried to calm them down by belittling it, but the thing is I know I have bardicardia (slow heart beats) because it was 45 bpm when I was lying down when the average is 60-90 bpm when you're resting. Though it isn't dangerous, and it's nothing to worry about, but it could explain my low blood pressure.

I just hate it when my family worrys a lot about it, because I feel so embarressed that I'm suddenly the center of attention, and that I was in grave danger or whatever when I know that this isn't the case. If they really worried about me, they could've done more checking up when I was 13 and 14 years old instead of yell at me for forgetting the numbers when i am clearly busy with my school, karate, and other things. I hate how my parents are making it such a big deal now.
I know it isn't dangerous, the palpitations I have, but I just want to know what's causing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment