Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A japanese friend

I FINAKLY received feedback from the conversation volunteer program that I signed up for more than a week ago.
this program just teams you up with an international student whos english is weak. I'm supposed to meet up with her qn hour a week to just talk and hopefully that will help her learn and use english more often.
The girl that I will be conversing with is a japanese 19 year old girl. Her name is like a stereotypical japanese name and to keep her privacy I'll call her Yumi instead.
She emailed me today to set a day and time and she was very sweet. She went me a picture of herself and when I sent mine whe told me I looked "kind". I don't recall ever being called kind as a first impression. I love it!
She said she was a little worried at first but she feel better after we emqiled eachother. I told her I was nervous too and to feel free to ask questions.
We will meet up this friday. I hope ill know what to say.

Shes very nice I like her so far. This is as close qs my little otaku fantasy goes since im sure ill never go to japan or meet naruto, but I did meet a cosplay of eren!

The life of a student is an interesting one,
M.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment