Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

Qiam Al-layl

um, yesterday at night at about 1:00 am, my parents took me and my little sister to a masjid/mosque to pray at night. That's what Qiam al-layl pretty much is; prayers after the last prayer (isha) and before the dusk prayer (fajr). It isn't something muslims HAVE to do, it's a voluntary prayer. That means you get credit for doing it, but you don't get blamed if you don't. so, totally optional. I still wanted to go at least once to pray at the masjid since I'm in Kuwait. So, I went.

We came a little late, so we missed about half of it. So, as I was praying, a little girl about three or four years, sits against the wall with her mother praying next to her. I stood praying next to the mother, but I couldn't help space out every now and then and look at the girl. She was HILARIOUS! She played around with the Qur'an's stand, hurt her hand with her own hair band, put a little kid's bra on the stand then folded the stand and slid it under the chair of the woman in front of me. Some people who can't stand for long periods of time sit on the chair when they pray, or sit on the chair if they can't bow or prostate. The girl also balanced some of the water bottles handed to us and made a small pyramid out of three. later on, the girl lifted her own dress up and looked at her crotch, then tried to look at her undies. I was just praying there wondering if it was normal for a child to do that. She then looked up at her praying mother and tried to get her attention. After failing, she held herself and started rocking side to side and back and forth. I figured the girl had to use the bathroom. she then sat in front of her mother and stared and tried to talk to her. When all else failed she spread her legs, and pointed in between her legs. Her mom quickly cut off her prayer, picked her up and ran to the bathroom. My mother and I almost laughed.

That was by far, the cutest girl I have ever seen!

It was quite refreshing, praying that is.

Also, we are travelling in a day or two, I'm totally stressing out, but most of my bag is packed i suppose.. AUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment