Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Dean's List

Kira had previously invited me as a guest to go with her to the faculty of science meeting they held today. She was one of the students that have achieved a high enough GPA to be on the Dean's list. I did not. It was a bit awkward for me to be there, there weren't many guests attending, but it was a nice wake up call to get my shit together and study harder.
There was two tables with some food on them and drinks were also offered for the people. The dean has spoken, thanked many of the faculty and called another man to speak on the little stand. That man, sounded awesome from his descriptions and I look forward to being a cardiac surgeon too, In sha Allah (if God may).
He graduated from my university fifty years ago and attended the medical school that I wish to go to, and even went to Harvard.
The dean then proceeded in calling out the names of the students and taking pictures with them. After that, Kira thanked the chair of biology for putting her in the lab that we both want and again, I awkwardly stood there. I hope she lets me in the lab as well.
I admit, I'm jealous, but not envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment