Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beach Resort

The first Day at the resort:

On Dana's birthday mom decided to join her birthday with Dana's and take us all to a mini vacation at a beach resort, a chalet.The check in was at 3, but we were told it was at 2 so we waited a good hour in the reception before we went in.
 It was amazing, two stories, four bedrooms, several balconies, a patio and it had a view of the beach! 

The first thing we did was eat the fatayer my dad bought on the way here. We also ate some halawet eljibna (cheese sweets?). We then unpacked and showed Dana the PS3 we got her. She was so happy, but we still haven't played with it yet.
My older sister was in a bad mood because her skin is really sensitive and it was irritating her because of the heat. Dana, me and mom went swimming in the beach, I really wanted to jet ski, but it was 10 KD for half an hour, which is about 35 dollars?  I figured it might be cheaper outside the resort so I asked dad if we can do that next weekend.
It was really fun to walk on the beach and to swim the first time, I had really missed it. I then sat on the beach with my mom and started burying my legs in sand, mom helped me bury the rest of my body then took a picture. It was so horrible, because I got itchy in the worst places, and I think several little bugs were on me, i know one was on my nose. Augh, I don't recommend this.
I ran for the showers after that, and I think my older sister and dad joined the swim. The shower was amazing, it felt like a little massage. I got dressed and headed back to the beach, later on dad told mom he's hungry she told him that she's tired so he can do it himself. And he did! He went back inside and I followed a few minutes later. he started frying the burgers we brought, and he cut up the watermelon and put cheeses on the table, bread, sardine and washed some grapes too. He totally burnt the burgers, but it was great seeing my dad in the kitchen.

Later on, my parents went to bed and my sisters and I played cranium in their balcony.
At 11 pm Chuno the slave hunters were on and I had to watch and cheer for the awesomeness!

The Second Day:

This day, we did almost everything! My older sister couldn't sleep well because Dana's alarm woke her up at 3 AM twice. And it also woke me up, and I kept waking up because I kept dreaming there were things all over me, and that I didn't set my alarm early enough.
First of all, we went swimming in the beach at 7 AM, we didn't just swim though, we fed the fish there too! We fed them dad's crappy patties! they ate from my hands! Then, we went to shower and got all dressed up to go to the restaurant for breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet, but it wasn't so great. You had to pay for pancakes and pay for your omelet, so we just ate from whats around. What was displayed were things that should NOT be breakfast. samboosa, rice, corn, onion rings, mashed potatoes, really? and the kids buffet had burgers and more fried things. But of course there were things that some people think are acceptable as breakfast and I dont, like beans and kidneys. just no! and there were also things that were pretty good.
 After breakfast, we went back to the house and put on our bikinis to go tanning at the women's only pool! Man, it was AMAZING, the pool was refreshing and cool, and EMPTY!!!! so as Dana swam, me and my sister roasted ourselves under the sun. After some time I had enough and dived in the water. My sister and the life guard took really cute pictures of us in all those poses. I then lay down to tan, but forgot to put the lotion on myself again and thus my shoulders were burnt, and so was my nose and cheeks. Dana got tanned though, ironically.
We went to shower AGAIN, and this time it hurt to shower because of the sun burns. When I was done, dad had ordered some pizza and burgers. YEY! I hadn't had Hawaiian pizza in like a year!
Then Dana actually had the energy to go back to the beach while my older sister and I watched MTV on the couch, then she blacked out on me.
Later at night, I sat on the beach with mom where mom told me that four kuwaity women over there were wearing bikinis in the public beach! for shame! Mom told me that the minute they undressed all eyes were on them and that three guys from outside the resort had gotten out of their jet skis and started swimming and talking with them. Mom told me that she thinks one of them is wearing a thong so,  I just sat there with mom waiting for them to leave the water so that I can see if she really was wearing one. You know, i think it's a good thing im not a guy. It turned out she wasn't, it was just rising up on her. Three of them were wearing bikinis and none of them were thin. and also, none of the bikinis really fit them well, they were either too loose to the point i saw a girl's crotch. or too tight, that their breasts were falling out. They told the guys "next week next week" then threw a water bottle at him. I really need to start being a good muslim and looking away, and such, but i'll leave that to guys, dammit I wanna watch!
At night, I went to the gym. It was empty! and the equipments were so much better than those in the apartment building we're in. for once, nothing was broken and the seats were comfortable too. I just had to try all of the machines. I went home an hour later to see my sisters playing uno, I joined the fun and then we went to bed later.

Final Day:
We woke up really early this day too, because we had to check out at 12 pm! We went to the beach again, and the water was so cool and refreshing and the whole beach was empty! This time, we fed the fish the burgers that weren't cooked. Mom really wanted to get rid of the burgers. I think we're killing the fish this way, but they're happy. The current was stronger today, to the point that we were being dragged to the sea.
Again we went to eat breakfast outside, and it was followed by more tanning. This time the pool was pretty full and I went swimming with Dana first. I started tanning at 11:22 which isn't much time before we leave. I think I made my burn worse, but oh well, at least my hands and feet look just a little darker. I'm honestly not sure if I even tanned, but I'm happy that I at least tried, I've been wanting to for a while now.
At 11:45 my sisters and I rushed to put our clothes on! another reason why an Abaya would come in useful now, you simply throw it over your bikini and jump to the car! I was wearing a dress though, and dad was just outside the pool's door when we walked out. At 11:55 we went inside the house to pack. I already finished packing since yesterday, but there are always those small things around.
We checked out, and sang all the way home.
We then took turns in the showers, fastest goes in first. I went last.  And we all fell asleep. we were just pooped out. I think I slept at 2 pm then again at 5 pm then again at 10 pm. like, It was ridiculous. And I had this huge headache for some reason, and my shoulders were aching me, specially the pink left one!

Alhamdulellah it was SO MUCH FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment