Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Swimming at the Beach

At noon we went to the beach for a swim.  Mom didn't come with us because of her bad knee, the fact that it's gonna be hot and she's gonna wear the hijab and because she was probably just not up to it. I actually went and swam in my "islamic bathing suit" which just made me look like a seal really. I looked ridiculous, but I haven't stepped on sand in a whole year, nor have I swam in the sea. So, I ended up doing what I want like I always do. I also wanted to sun tan but I was all covered up, and the sun wasn't really out anyways. It was also windy, and the water was murky. Not two minutes in the water and I already spotted a school of fishies. They're so cute. There were a lot of fish, I think I was able to touch a few and some jumped. I then played with my sister in the sand and we went home covered in salt and sand.
When we arrived we showered, got dressed, and went to hard rock cafe for lunch. Me and my sister shared a sandwich and we took the big ice-cream sundae in the shop. I love ice-cream over hot brownies.
We had a good time, and dad kept pointing out the new cameras in the street. It's about time that they try to reduce the traffic accidents in Kuwait. But I still think the new law in kuwait is stupid. it states that if a non-kuwaity gets two tickets then they get deported. no racism here folks!
We played ludo with mom again today. It takes time to persuade her, but it worked! and I won! I kept getting sixes and mom accused me of cheating, but I wasn't and she was just pulling my leg. She said " I know you're not cheating, but you had an alliance with dana and I turned you against each other. This is politics." Then she laughed. Mommy's a sore loser. Then we played chutes and ladders with her until dad came in and mom traded places with him. first time he rolled the dice, he got a two and fell down the snake. Me and my sister laughed so hard at him, and mom glared a bit. She then said that she doesn't want him to play for her anymore, so she played and she got a two too. then dad played and got a two and so, they ended up at the bottom of the snake.  Then mom left and when she came back to check on the game, dad has gotten even lower, since he fell down another snake. Mom was in shock. Dana won that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment