Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Arabic InuYasha

I was really surprised to see Inuyasha on spacetoon action today. Isn't it a little late to start dubbing the show now though? After all I did start watching Inuyasha in English at the age of ten, which means it was out in Japanese several years before that.
So, I was watching episode 9 of Inuyasha it was the first time they met Shippo, the little fox boy. I noticed that they censored Kagome's legs. They made them green to look like leggings. I think it's a pretty cute idea, I mean, Why does the girl have to always be half naked. Question is, will they also censor Kohaku? since his outfit is even shorter than that of kagome? Will they even surpass the first 20 episodes? I hope they do, this is quite interesting. The dubbing isn't so bad actually. Kagome sounds as annoying as ever, shippo is a little annoying too, and inuyasha sounds alright, not as great as the english or japanese but it's acceptable. As for the name pronunciation, it was very sad.

kagome = Kajoomi
Inuyasha = Inyasha
Shippo= Sheebo

This motivates me to become a voice actress just so I can pronounce names correctly. and put more emotion into those screams, and grunts and words.
They also censored boyfriend to relative in that episode. that was pretty funny too. The background music was really low, that it's barely there. now i didnt like how loud it usually is, but I would still like to actually hear it.

I'll give the dubbing a nice 7/10 lol for effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment